Since 2008, metal-heads have been fist-pumping and head-banging their hearts out at Parc Jean-Drapeau every summer. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slipknot — some of the biggest names in metal and hard rock have graced the stage alongside more obscure discoveries. Heavy Montreal keeps fans rocking all year round with shows across the city.
Big announcements. Big traffic.
Fans flock to festival lineup announcements. They know there’s no time to waste when tickets go onsale for sellout shows. And they need quick access to information during festival weekend.
Heavy Montreal’s website needed to perform under the pressure of heavy traffic spikes at key moments without disappointing audiences.
Given our experience with evenko.ca and Rush.com, Heavy Montreal knew we could be to build a site that could keep up with its avid fans. By routing 95% of the site’s pages and assets through a robust Content Delivery Network, we lightened the load on any one server, improving uptime and user satisfaction.
While each site has its own unique look and feel, they remain the same “under the hood.” The custom Content Management System we built allows the organizers of each festival to control and tweak the content and marketing deals that they offer to their audiences.
All three festivals can rest assured that their audiences will always have access to the information they need, when they need it.
What We Did
- Created a unique design concept to represent the Heavy Montreal brand
- Ensured the stability and uptime of the site particularly at high traffic points
- Improved and personalized the user experience (UX) with recommendations, information, and rewards
- Empowered the Heavy Montreal team with as much website control as possible
- Delivered a framework that can be replicated for evenko’s other festivals
- Seamlessly integrated several 3rd party technologies